What oil and filter to use in new 08 YZ450F

What oil should I use once I break the bike in, semi-synthetic or full synthetic and also what brands can someone recommend using? Should I also use a paper filter or something like a K& N?

Emxdad

Just run the stock oil filter and some regular 10-40 oil like Motul 3000 or yamalube. No sythetic or semi synthetics. You can run the synthetic stuff after you break in the motor.

Stock filter and Yamalube.

Just run the stock oil filter and some regular 10-40 oil like Motul 3000 or yamalube. No sythetic or semi synthetics. You can run the synthetic stuff after you break in the motor.
Given that break in takes only 1-2 hours at most, and most people leave the factory oil fill in their bikes for at least that long, almost everyone's first oil change occurs after break in, no?

Secondly, let me once again say that any and all admonitions against using synthetic oils during break-in are complete, unsupportable, old-school, mythological, bunk.

Read:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5144125#post5144125

You can run the synthetic stuff after you break in the motor.

Thats an old wives tale. Synthetics are fine for break in. Chevrolet puts synthetic oil in the Corvette from the factory. And all new Fords come with 5W20 semi-synthetic.

But, for the record. I don't use synthetics. I'm a Rotella user. :crazy:

I like using stock OEM filters and i have been using 20/50 golden Spectro because i got a 55 gallon drum of it. You will notice your bike shifts alot better once you get that factory oil out of it.