Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kx06

08 Suspension help?

4 posts in this topic

Any suggestions for suspension settings for a 5'10'' 165 mid pack c rider? I just bought a 08 450 and am trying to set the suspension up.

Any suggestions for suspension settings for a 5'10'' 165 mid pack c rider? I just bought a 08 450 and am trying to set the suspension up.

You are probably going to need lighter springs if your 165 lbs. .44 in the forks and a 5.3 on the shock. However, since the linkage has been changed on the 08 the stock spring might be ok. The easy way to check is to go ahead and set your race sag and then see how much free sag you have. If its around one inch the spring should be ok.

This place knows suspension better than Yamaha. Talk to Frank, he's the owner and can fix you up with a revalve. http://www.smartsuspension.com

Stock valving will be more than enough. The main thing is to get the proper springs for your weight. You should try this first.