Exhaust, it's embarrassing!

So I bought the bike (2003 YZ450F) with a FMF Powercore 4 installed. I find myself riding more trails than anything else. The thing is LOUD! My freinds won't ride behind me, when I fire it up at the staging area, people look at me like I'm some kind of wacko!:crazy: HIPPIES! Just Kidding! It is embarrassing though.

Anyway, to get on board with the whole quiet bike revolution, I would like to know what everyone is running on their bikes in the trails.(?)

Cheers,

Dan

The PowerCore 4 exhaust supposedly tests out at 100 dB. If I were you, I'd repack the muffler AND at the same time run the quiet insert (which should quiet the muffler to about 96 db). That's what I did to my 05 CRF450X, and while it was louder than stock, it was also much lighter (and it had the insert/SA screen in it).

So I bought the bike (2003 YZ450F) with a FMF Powercore 4 installed. I find myself riding more trails than anything else. The thing is LOUD! My freinds won't ride behind me, when I fire it up at the staging area, people look at me like I'm some kind of wacko!:crazy: HIPPIES! Just Kidding! It is embarrassing though.

Anyway, to get on board with the whole quiet bike revolution, I would like to know what everyone is running on their bikes in the trails.(?)

Cheers,

Dan

I have got a 2000 426 that was way loud. I went with a PMB (Pro Moto-Billet) end cap with the silent insert & spark arrestor. A good idea to repack the stock silencer before putting it all together. Only option I found to make my 426 at an acceptable quiet level for the trails with an exhaust that has a spark arrestor. (A requirement in many areas if you are riding trails) Cost for everything was around $140. Well worth it.

- RCD

Excellent,

I'm going to try the Quiet Core Insert and some new premium packing first. Thanks for the ideas,

Dan

Good man. If you are not riding on a track then a loud pipe makes you look like a spode...and it hurts the riding community.

I race with my Leo Vince X3 system with the quiet insert and spark arrestor installed even if it's not required, tests at 93db. :crazy: