'00 to '01 clutch upgrade issues

Check the VIN number. The 10th character is the year model. Y= 2000, 1= 2001

Thanks! It's definitely a 00 :thumbsup:

The parts drop in fine but it doesn't help my situation.

I hate to say it, but I told you so.

The only parts needed to do the 01 clutch mod are: The first fiber plate, spring washer, washer plate. Only 3 items! And of course the clutch cable will have to be adjusted. :thumbsup:

I hate to say it, but I told you so.

The only parts needed to do the 01 clutch mod are: The first fiber plate, spring washer, washer plate. Only 3 items! And of course the clutch cable will have to be adjusted. :thumbsup:

So mister smarty pants... what do you recommend other than going back to OEM basket? At this point I've replaced everything from the lever to basket.

So mister smarty pants... what do you recommend other than going back to OEM basket? At this point I've replaced everything from the lever to basket.

When my basket got worn, I replaced it with an OEM. :thumbsup:

What problems are you having? Is it slipping or something?

FYI, I ordered the new push rod and ball from an '01 but it is the same overall length as just the '00 push rod. The parts drop in fine but it doesn't help my situation. ASV said they'd send me a barrel adapter but it's been a couple weeks and I'm still waiting.

In the meantime, I may just use the 00 push rod with the 01 ball. In theory, this will work since the clutch arm(?) will be further out and use up more of the cable, giving me more adjustment capability(currently maxed on both ends)

As I mentioned before, you don't need the 01 ball. The 00 doesn;t have nor need one. Aren't you still waiting for the ASV barrel adapter? I would put on the stock lever and perch if you haven't done so. Key is making one change at a time to figure out where the problem is. I am really curious to what the problem is as I did the mod only using the plates from an 01 and have had no issues at all. The rod(s) arm and ball are not needed on this mod if using all Stock OEM parts. If things still don't work after you get the ASV barrel adapter there almost has to be a difference based on the after market parts you used.

- RCD