2008 450 Megabomb

Hi, I have a question for those of you with 2008 450's. Have any of you tried using the stock muffler with a Megabomb header? I love the look of the 08 muffler and the fact that it is hidden away from crash damage. I heard that the shorty muffler is completely useless and that it should be discarded right away. Is it possible that the Megabomb/stock muffler combo will wake the bike up like it did on the 07? That combo would be awesome in both looks and sound level, and possibly(hopefully) in performance. Thanks:ride:

Hi, I have a question for those of you with 2008 450's. Have any of you tried using the stock muffler with a Megabomb header? I love the look of the 08 muffler and the fact that it is hidden away from crash damage. I heard that the shorty muffler is completely useless and that it should be discarded right away. Is it possible that the Megabomb/stock muffler combo will wake the bike up like it did on the 07? That combo would be awesome in both looks and sound level, and possibly(hopefully) in performance. Thanks:ride:

Personally on my 08 i thought the stock silencer was garbage. I tried the stock 08 headpipe with a stock 06 silencer and it worked very well. Currently i am running a pro circuit Ti-4 and love it and the bike. Dirt bike magazine tested an 08 with both the pro circuit and an FMF mega bomb/4.1 combo and reported that the FMF worked a little better overall than the pro circuit but both pipes really woke the motor up. I think any combo you run as long as it doesn't include the stock 08 silencer will make you happy.