2007 Ais Removal

Hello,

I am trying to remove my AIS of my 07 WR-450...the location of the AIS has changed since 06 and I was wondering if anyone knew where to get instructions. It looks like I have the wrong parts too....gyt-5j93-69 ...should be gyt-5j93-69-01. Whats the difference? Can't find this online!! HELP!!:

Hello,

I am trying to remove my AIS of my 07 WR-450...the location of the AIS has changed since 06 and I was wondering if anyone knew where to get instructions. It looks like I have the wrong parts too....gyt-5j93-69 ...should be gyt-5j93-69-01. Whats the difference? Can't find this online!! HELP!!:

The AIS removal kit for the 07 is different than the 06 kit in that a block-off plate is needed for the 07 rather than a cap seal at the head.

My local Yamaha dealers...all of them...have the little block-off plates in stock for a couple of bucks. Perhaps your's will too.

Instructions can be picked up from your Yamaha dealer as well.

As far as online info goes...there is a ton of it right here on TT. Start at the top of the main WR450 thread page by clicking on WR Performance Index in the sticky section and then select the last link in the list for 2007 WR450 Performance Mods.

It's a really straight forward removal but having instructions makes it a no-brainer.

-Jay

Hello,

Here is a scan of the instructions that came with my 07 GYTR kit. This is to part# GYT-5TJ93-69-01. Let me know if you need any additional information. I did not need to remove the sub-frame / rear shock / carburetor. You do need to remove the bottom part of the right radiator to get your fingers in there to remove the bolts. It is a tight squeeze.

scan0001.jpg

• 1 month later...
how much better does the bike run with the AIS removed?

Everything I have read says that it doesn't add performance it just gets rid of the decel popping. I did all of the mods before I even rode the bike so I don't even have any personal knowledge of the decel popping.

how much better does the bike run with the AIS removed?

From the FAQ...

Q: What is an AIS?

A: AIS stands for Air Induction System, i.e. the smog pump. It injects air into the exhaust system to help get rid of unburned fuel for a more environmentally friendly bike. It first showed up in '05 and has been on every WR since. It can be removed and the resulting holes plugged if you buy either the TT Kit or the GYTR kit. The TT kit has precision machined plugs that press fit into the engine, while the GYTR Kit’s plugs are removable and also include an adjustable needle, throttle stop and assorted items for the carb. The AIS removal DOES NOT improve performance, but it does decrease decel popping so you can more effectively jet your bike.

?...SC

• 1 month later...

So my 2007 WR450 is currently setup for altitude in Denver (with an adjustable fuel screw). I just bought the 07 AIS Removal Kit and it comes with new jets, adjustable needle, etc. Any suggestions on whether I should leave in the current jets or update to the ones that came with the kit (I'm assuming they are setup for sea level). Anyone running an altitude setup? Thks!

So my 2007 WR450 is currently setup for altitude in Denver (with an adjustable fuel screw). I just bought the 07 AIS Removal Kit and it comes with new jets, adjustable needle, etc. Any suggestions on whether I should leave in the current jets or update to the ones that came with the kit (I'm assuming they are setup for sea level). Anyone running an altitude setup? Thks!

i'm running the jets that came with the same kit you have and ride anywhere from 0-4000ft elevation with no problems.

• 14 years later...
On 10/14/2007 at 3:18 AM, KennyMc said:

Here is a scan of the instructions that came with my 07 GYTR kit. This is to part# GYT-5TJ93-69-01. Let me know if you need any additional information. I did not need to remove the sub-frame / rear shock / carburetor. You do need to remove the bottom part of the right radiator to get your fingers in there to remove the bolts. It is a tight squeeze.

scan0001.jpg

Hello kenny ! Could you share to me the entire manual ? (If you still have it).I’m looking for it for my 09.thanks