HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cb60130

XR650R Vapor Questions

12 posts in this topic

Just install a Vapor on my piggy..... Just curious what you guys might be running for the shift point setings.... shift and max?? and Temp warning lights.... low and danger warning lights. Any input would be appreciated.

I think max RPM is around 8300 which is when the limiter cuts in. I set my shift points at 7000. Shift lights are kinda just for kicks....the only time ive actually looked at my lights is when i'm on the highway trying to get a max speed reading.

Cb,

I set my shift points at 6800 and 8000. I am running 15-45 for gearing and at the 6500 point it was on a lot while riding on the road. At 6800 it I can get to 70 and it stays off. For the temps I have them set at 195 and 210. They work for me. I have the Ktm radiator fan on the Fluidyne radiators. It works for me. I hope that helps, Tony

Just install a Vapor on my piggy..... Just curious what you guys might be running for the shift point setings.... shift and max?? and Temp warning lights.... low and danger warning lights. Any input would be appreciated.

Glad you asked, I was thinking about the same thing!:crazy:

they make such good down low power i dont think mine does over 6,000 RPM's unless the rear wheel breaks traction and just starts spinning....or im over 80.

Thanks guys.... I went for a ride... and checked my max temp and rpm... looks like you were pretty close to right on... never really looked at the lights anyways. But I think I'll set my shift at 6000 and top at 7000. I have a 215 thermostat from Xr's only so I am running a little warm here in AZ so I'll go with 220 and 230 for my temp indicators. Thanks for the input guys!:crazy:

Peak power on my road racer XRL based motor is 7500 rpm. There no real gain in revving any further as the power drop soff very sharply due to the CDI's ignition curve.

Hope this helps

IGNORE - JUST NOTICED YOURE TALKING ABOUT A 650R

i put the temp sensor on the left side, not a lota good places to put em cause there isant a lota room to cut the hose.

something else to add, i got my 650R to 97.5 MPH going down hill....Vapor read 7600 RPM's, i can never get to 97 on flat ground so basically i cant get the bike to rev over 72-7400 in top gear...when the rev limiter is suppost to be 8300?

Has anyone had a problem getting the engine temp to display after mounting the vapor? Just mounted mine and can"t get a reading:-(

When I put my vapor on my bike I had the same problem, I reset the vapor by pressing the reset button on the back and that fixed it.

Never had a problem w/ the temp, just cant get my RPM to read right.

later

jmd