2007 Mods

Thanks everyone..........now I will go back to the Forum page, search for Batteries and see if anyone has posted about how well the battery holds up on the WR450's. As mentioned, I bought mine brand new just last Monday. As of yesterday, the battery would not turn over the electric starter. A bit dissapoining I might add.

The batteries hold up very well in these bikes. I am still on the original batteries in both my WR's.

I suggest you take out your battery charger and recharge it. It should be fine. :crazy:

As mentioned, I bought mine brand new just last Monday. As of yesterday, the battery would not turn over the electric starter. A bit dissapoining I might add.

Randy,

Shortly after I bought my 07, I had the same problem. I had not ridden it except for a few of miles. I thought this whole electric start thing was going to be a disapointment due to the battery.

However...........after I finished the mods, I actually had an opportunity to ride it (20-30 miles at a time) and the battery has been solid ever since. I have owned it for about six months and the battery is solid every time. Sometimes it sits for 2-3 weeks and it still turns the engine over like a new battery.

Hopefully, your battery just needs a good charge. I have read that people who throw the hot-cams in, do have a problem with the e-start.

Good Luck,

Doug

Get yourself a Battery Tender and mount the quick-disconnect on the battery. Let it sit a good 18-24 hours on the tender and you'll likely never have an issue again unless you leave the ignition button in the on position. The bike doesn't put out a very strong charge for the battery unless you ride it a good long time, unlike a car. Another thing to check is the battery's level. A lot of times, they don't come filled all the way, which can lead to a weak charge...SC