HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigDaddyMoat

XR650L Jetting???

9 posts in this topic

Alright I have an 07 XR650L. I just put a Pro-Circuit T-4 Exhaust on it as well as a K&N Filter. I want to take the Smog Crap off, but Im not sure if it makes that much of a difference?? My main problem is do I need to re-jet My bike?? Oh yeah how do I get rid of that Damn Popping??

Thanks for the Help

Welcome Look up in the top right where it says "search this forum" and you can search alot of info, any question you have has prolly already been asked in the last week or month. Remove smog and yes rejet is needed asap.

Loose ALL the smog stuff, open the top of the air box, and do a search for "Dave's Mods". This worked great for me and many others.

DBM

55/160. Make sure the 55 is a short one. I am at sea level.

Just ask for a 55s pilot or "slow" jet. the "s" stands for short. I found one at Honda but 2 other Honda shops said they had one and they both had the long one..:crazy: I think I started a thread on it.. Honda people need some training...

Ive read that Dave..RE: Daves Mods... just trimmed a piece in the carb and used the long jet. I have a friend who simply put his jet in a vise and cut it shorter with a dremel . He hasn't had any trouble at all doing that. Oh! if you cut it, be sure to cut a groove in the end for a screwdriver!

if you do the "Daves Mods" and rejet (I used dynajet Kit) it should work really well. used mine rom sea level all the way up to 8000ft and it worked out great.

if you do the "Daves Mods" and rejet (I used dynajet Kit) it should work really well. used mine rom sea level all the way up to 8000ft and it worked out great.

if the djet kit will be used, use the spring in the kit AND drill the slide. i had good results with this.