axle blocks

i searched on here and couldnt really come up with an answer i was looking for. as some you of you know i just got an 07 yzf 450, i went to adjust my chain and was having trouble getting it to line up properly everytime i would tighten down the axle nut it would shift the axle block and throw everything off. ive seenthe zip ty ones but i dont wanna spend that much are there any others that cure this problem and that fit better in the swing arm. also the adjustment lines are hard to see..... so would it be worth getting some different ones? if so which ones besides the zip tys. thanks!

Also be sure to read the marks on the blocks from the back edge when using the OEM blocks. The drive side block has a flange on it to hold the axle from turning and so is marked differently than the brake side on the front edge.

ya i made that mistake when i did it the 1st time luckily i noticed my wheel wasnt aligned. then i went back and looked and i noticed that.

put a wrench in the chain and rotate the wheel back so its gets caught in the sprocket. this will force the axle and the blocks to push up against the screw and bolt.

Thats how I do it. I normally grab a T-handle and shove it in there.

put a wrench in the chain and rotate the wheel back so its gets caught in the sprocket. this will force the axle and the blocks to push up against the screw and bolt.

this is the most popular method to keeping the alignment set when tightening the rear axle nut. good tip

Both methods are good for driving the wheel forward to tighten the axle nut....but I found the stock axle block indentions are difficult to see (maybe I am blind)so I bought a set of GYTR - for 30 bucks that are clear and easy to align.....andI use the wrench in the sprocket method to tighten everything up....no alignment issues here

I have the Devol Racing axle blocks, they are pretty slick as the oval end of the axle fits completely inside a recess in the left side axle block so you don't end up with the little bit of twisting common with the stock axle blocks. They are marked very clearly also. http://www.devolracing.com/products/axle-blocks.htm