HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CDRETZKA

Street Legal in Wisconsin

3 posts in this topic

Has anyone attempted to make a street legal offroad only bike in Wisconsin? If so what needs to be accomplished in order to get the blessing? I have an XR650R. Can I get by with out a Baja Designs kit and only directionals, brake/tail lights, key switch, mirrors and dot tires?

Or do I need to register out of state and re-register in WI.

Little help...

:confused:

Good luck, I've read lots on this... and noticed many times those from WI have no (or little) chance. And some have resorted to out-of-state purchase --> easy.

... others feel free to chime in though too.

:confused:

Good luck, I've read lots on this... and noticed many times those from WI have no (or little) chance. And some have resorted to out-of-state purchase --> easy.

... others feel free to chime in though too.

this seems to be the concensus in WI. buy one and reg. it in montana or idaho or here in NV. stay away from red CA.! i know of a guy who runs a 650r 05 model that is plated here in NV but lives in CA. i talked to my bud at NV DMV and he said it is perfectly legal. just have to know an address in a FORGIVING state that doesnt mind getting your dmv reg. statements.