HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
02YZ426

Mega Bomb Header/ Q4 Combo Good?

9 posts in this topic

Hi all.. I just munched my header today :confused: What would be the best replacement option, mega bomb or power bomb to go with my Q4? I kinda like the looks of the mega bomb, but don't want to buy a pipe just for looks... performance is what I am concerned about. Thanks!

I was looking at the specs for this mega bomb, it says "Produces Low End of a Long Header and Top End of a Short Header" What exactly is this supposed to mean?

I was looking at the specs for this mega bomb, it says "Produces Low End of a Long Header and Top End of a Short Header" What exactly is this supposed to mean?
The design of the 'Bomb headers, and the odd looking ones on the US MXDN bikes, is intended to make the header appear to the engine as if it has a flexible, or undefined, length, and there by make it work across a wider range than a typical, fixed length header tube can. It does seem to work.

I have read that there is a SX version and a MX version. Ones better for bottom, other is more mid to top. Just get a Dr D and then its great from botton to top. What ya putting it on?

I only see one listed for the YZ. It doesn't specify wether is helps top or bottom end power. I need a new header because I munched mine yesterday.