HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tbrazil

stock fuel tank filter on IMS 4.0?

4 posts in this topic

I just purchased a second hand IMS 4.0 for my XRL 650. I was hoping to use the stock Honda internal gas tank filter but it will not fit into the IMS tank fitting. I was thinking about drilling out the IMS fitting to allow it to accommodate the filter but I thought I would check with you folks to see if anyone else has addressed this issue. Is everyone simply using an external filter?

Any thought? - thx Tim

I have the same tank. The stock petcock and filter fit without issue. I do also run a filter in the line as well.

My stock screen fit just fine. It was a snug fit, and I had to sort of twist a little as I pushed it in but it worked. Getting the screen out of the old one was a trick though having to grab the bottom lip with pliers and gently pull it loose. Good luck!

Thanks guys.. You're right, it does fit. I was a bit hesitant to force the screen in thinking I would never get it out. My mic showed that it would be practically an interference fit. Evidently there was some tarnish build-up where the screen should go. I cleaned the inside surface plus a little extra (read: sanding) and the screen when in. Thanks for your help.

Tim