And then it was a husky.

Bust? hmm... well, sold anyway.

I'd suggest the Husqvarna's going to be a bigger "threat" than ever with the deep pockets of BMW backing it up - the established, worldwide dealer network and a commitment/ownership from a mfg that claims to have a renewed interest in dual-sport/off road bikes.

I forsee Husky becoming the R&D arm of BMW's renewed off-road interest much like (exactly like) the KTM/Husaberg ownership/relationship - wanna see where KTM's going tommarrow? look at a Husaberg today. For example KTM's new 690 with all those new "innovative" features, which Husaberg's have had for a couple of years.

Could be wrong, been wrong before - but I think Husky's going to thrive under the Germans.

I predict they'll go bust again and will have their debt sold off AGAIN and it will start over.

Bust? hmm... well, sold anyway.

I'd suggest the Husqvarna's going to be a bigger "threat" than ever with the deep pockets of BMW backing it up - the established, worldwide dealer network and a commitment/ownership from a mfg that claims to have a renewed interest in dual-sport/off road bikes.

I forsee Husky becoming the R&D arm of BMW's renewed off-road interest much like (exactly like) the KTM/Husaberg ownership/relationship - wanna see where KTM's going tommarrow? look at a Husaberg today. For example KTM's new 690 with all those new "innovative" features, which Husaberg's have had for a couple of years.

Could be wrong, been wrong before - but I think Husky's going to thrive under the Germans.

I tend to agree with you here...I foresee BMW coming out with a Husky based bike to compete with KTM...The F650 Dakar is still not dirt enough. I think BME will take the Husky TE610 and put their logo on it.

Geo