HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
weskc35k

And then it was a husky.

4 posts in this topic

Bust? hmm... well, sold anyway.

I'd suggest the Husqvarna's going to be a bigger "threat" than ever with the deep pockets of BMW backing it up - the established, worldwide dealer network and a commitment/ownership from a mfg that claims to have a renewed interest in dual-sport/off road bikes.

I forsee Husky becoming the R&D arm of BMW's renewed off-road interest much like (exactly like) the KTM/Husaberg ownership/relationship - wanna see where KTM's going tommarrow? look at a Husaberg today. For example KTM's new 690 with all those new "innovative" features, which Husaberg's have had for a couple of years.

Could be wrong, been wrong before - but I think Husky's going to thrive under the Germans.

I predict they'll go bust again and will have their debt sold off AGAIN and it will start over.

Bust? hmm... well, sold anyway.

I'd suggest the Husqvarna's going to be a bigger "threat" than ever with the deep pockets of BMW backing it up - the established, worldwide dealer network and a commitment/ownership from a mfg that claims to have a renewed interest in dual-sport/off road bikes.

I forsee Husky becoming the R&D arm of BMW's renewed off-road interest much like (exactly like) the KTM/Husaberg ownership/relationship - wanna see where KTM's going tommarrow? look at a Husaberg today. For example KTM's new 690 with all those new "innovative" features, which Husaberg's have had for a couple of years.

Could be wrong, been wrong before - but I think Husky's going to thrive under the Germans.

I tend to agree with you here...I foresee BMW coming out with a Husky based bike to compete with KTM...The F650 Dakar is still not dirt enough. I think BME will take the Husky TE610 and put their logo on it.

Geo