Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
djtroy

increase rebound dampening

3 posts in this topic

If I wanted to increase the rebound dampening to help my 2006 450f corner better what set of clickers would I mess with. What are the ones under the fork leg?

My suspension in the rear seems to bottom out when I seat bounce steep jump faces. How can I help this also.

If I wanted to increase the rebound dampening to help my 2006 450f corner better what set of clickers would I mess with. What are the ones under the fork leg?

My suspension in the rear seems to bottom out when I seat bounce steep jump faces. How can I help this also.

Rebound clickers are at the bottom of the fork legs .....go in Clockwise the increase dampning out to decrease. Set on the Factory STD position according to your manual then increase or decrease by 1-3 at most

Bottoming out rear can be a few things...Has the sag been set for your weight? Again set the entire shock to Factory STD positions then adj - see your manual for these STD settings

increase compression dampning 2-4 clicks on the shock (top) Not High speed

Rebound clickers are at the bottom of the fork legs .....go in Clockwise the increase dampning out to decrease. Set on the Factory STD position according to your manual then increase or decrease by 1-3 at most

Bottoming out rear can be a few things...Has the sag been set for your weight? Again set the entire shock to Factory STD positions then adj - see your manual for these STD settings

increase compression dampning 2-4 clicks on the shock (top) Not High speed

Ga has this right, top to bottom. The procedure is listed starting at 3-35 of your manual. Low speed compression at the shock (the clicker screw, not the nut) is what you want for control on jump faces.

Be careful adding rebound. Too much will make the bike corner worse. Read:

http://motoman393.thumpertalk.com/tech/suspension.html