Dr. D exhaust

Anybody have a Dr. D on their bike? How is it?

The price is very attractive. The stainless/aluminum system is like $500, I might even be able to get it for less through a local shop.

I am also interested if anybody is running the quiet core? If I got a Dr D system, I would like to be able to run it with the quiet core all the time, as one of the main objectives to purchasing a different exhaust is to keep the noise down--some of our races here are very strict on sound levels.

Anyway, if you got one, lemme know what you think. :confused:

Thanks!!!

Dr. D ss/aluminum spark arrested system on my 06, no quiet core. To me, sitting on the bike it doesn't sound any different than stock. But according to a guy I ride with, it really barks when coming through the trees and I'm on the gas.

Performance is great- makes the 06 better all across the band. My only concern is that I'll have to loosen the header to get to the oil filter :confused:

Hey bigcr- how did you get your header and mid pipe to shine like that?

I have one on both '06's, and I'm extremely pleased with them, especilally with the newer version on my latest '06. :confused: :confused: Paid the extra $15 each time for the USFS sparky option. I don't run it often, but I have it. You can remove the screen and run without it, but you can't add it to the ones built without this option, so I went that way.

How come you dont see any pro riders using the Dr. D exhaust system on their bikes? If ther are some pros using the product they don't place very well. It seems like FMF or pro circut are the systems to use.

Because Pro Circuit and FMF have big advertising dollars to spend.

You do know Dubach has a hand in the R&D of Yamaha's 4-strokes? Thats mainly (besides price) why I'm looking at them. The guy knows those bikes inside & out, so he probably knows whats best for them.

All I can say is that in the first place, the pipe bolted up as if it was OEM equipment. In the second place, my '06 with the Dr's stainless system has a wider, stronger (albeit smoother) spread of power than my '03 does. It pulls hard from the bottom through the mid-range, and straight off the top. Yesterday, I had it out in the desert for the first time and took off after Junior on a graded road. The bike easily hit the rev limiter in third (I wasn't trying to do that). My '03 falls off pretty hard just before it hits the limit.

How come you dont see any pro riders using the Dr. D exhaust system on their bikes? If ther are some pros using the product they don't place very well. It seems like FMF or pro circut are the systems to use.
The whole Blackfoot Yamaha team in Canada uses them and they also use RG3 22mm offset clamps. I asked JSRs wrench.