HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
illusha

600-650 parts interexchangeability

23 posts in this topic

can anyone confirm which parts are interexchangeable between what years of XR650 and XR600 ??? I am mostly interested in cosmetics, such as Fenders, Tank, Seat, Sidecovers, anything else... one of the reasons I am asking is because I am trying to find a black plastics kit for my 2000 xr600, and most of the kits out there are for 650's, they look really similar, but I am not sure... and its just good to know for future reference...

do R and L models use different sets of plastic?

I thought that L was same as R, but with blinkers and more electrical crap?

also did I understand that 650R to 600R will not work, but 650L to 600L will?

Nothing from the 650R will fit the 600 or 650L

The 600R & 650L plastics will interchange as Dave pointed out, except for the left number plate.

The XR600R and the XR650L are close cousins, the XR650R is the bastard child that doesn't look like anyone in the family tree.

Dave

kewl, thanx for the explanations guys!

so, how is the left side cover different? can it be modified?

kewl, thanx for the explanations guys!

so, how is the left side cover different? can it be modified?

Left side cover is wide (about equal to as wide as the right side cover) to make room for the battery box.

I am getting rid of the battery box and would love to put the 600r left side plate on in its place. Has anyone here done this, or know if it is a simple swap?

Thanks

I am getting rid of the battery box and would love to put the 600r left side plate on in its place. Has anyone here done this, or know if it is a simple swap?

Thanks

Electric start (XR600 those) and battery located under the seat mod:

IMG_4142.jpg

IMG_4143.jpg

IMG_4067.jpg

Cool bike! What is your fork set-up. I am in the midst of putting upside downs on mine. I love the look of the black rims.:confused:

can anyone confirm which parts are interexchangeable between what years of XR650 and XR600 ??? I am mostly interested in cosmetics, such as Fenders, Tank, Seat, Sidecovers, anything else... one of the reasons I am asking is because I am trying to find a black plastics kit for my 2000 xr600, and most of the kits out there are for 650's, they look really similar, but I am not sure... and its just good to know for future reference...

I'd be interested in the orginal Red plastics if and when they go up for sale!

Can someone confirm the XR600 and XR650L frames are similar or same? (I've got a cracked 600 frame and am curious if I have other options to expand the search). xr400 too? 250?

THanks

Can someone confirm the XR600 and XR650L frames are similar or same? (I've got a cracked 600 frame and am curious if I have other options to expand the search). xr400 too? 250?

THanks

they look very similar.

THanks

They are the same basic frame but the 650L has some different brackets welded to it for additional parts. The tank mounts are different between the two.

I have a nice XR600 frame if your interested.

Thanks

i did too. i put all electronics and battery in the airbox. i now use a fcr 41 and uni pod filter. i have been told the left cover will work, you just have to make a bracket for one of the mounts. wish i could find that post!

An '04 650r Black Front Fender Fit On My '96 600r.

hows it look? pic? i like the xr 400 front on my L.

The local cycle shop here has a website that is very helpful....they have a OEM parts diagram...that shows part #'s etc, which is helpful in matching multiple years....if no one has a problem with posting the address, I will in the next posting here.....I don't wanna ruffle any feathers nor seem to endorse a certain product/company......

Where did your XR600 Frame Crack?

I guess that is why the Euro XL 600 LM Frames

look stronger;

and XR650R Definitely is Stronger.