WR Graphics?

started off with 80 grit on a palm sander and worked my way down to 1000 grit. (should go farther down maybe 1500). then i put a buffing wheel on my angle grinder and hit it with some rouge. took about 8 hours.

yamaha puts a really thick clear over the frame and swingarm. when you get it all the way sanded it should look pretty shiny but the buffer makes it mirror.

I am pretty sure NO. They are different. From what I have found there are about 4 to 6 choices out there for WR's

Where did you find the graphics for the WR's? I have an 06 and have found only one choice, well two if you count the stock stuff.

Why on earth would you start with 80 grit!!!!:confused:

started off with 80 grit on a palm sander and worked my way down to 1000 grit. (should go farther down maybe 1500). then i put a buffing wheel on my angle grinder and hit it with some rouge. took about 8 hours.

yamaha puts a really thick clear over the frame and swingarm. when you get it all the way sanded it should look pretty shiny but the buffer makes it mirror.

Where did you find the graphics for the WR's? I have an 06 and have found only one choice, well two if you count the stock stuff.

Factory FX, did have 2 choices

One Industries, I think only one choice which is what I picked

XGX Racing, has a few chioces

Hope that helps!!

All I know is that on a cold morning out in the desert I walked out to my bike and chunks of the stock graphics were on the ground. Basically, they got cold and cracked, could not believe my eyes.

Factory FX, did have 2 choices

One Industries, I think only one choice which is what I picked

XGX Racing, has a few chioces

Hope that helps!!

All I know is that on a cold morning out in the desert I walked out to my bike and chunks of the stock graphics were on the ground. Basically, they got cold and cracked, could not believe my eyes.

How cold was cold? We were out last year and it got down to 3 degrees for two nights in a row? What year is your bike? Mine is a 06 wr 250f. I'm wondering what else if anything could have caused it.

Why on earth would you start with 80 grit!!!!:confused:

see the second line of my post...

its really hard to get through the clear coat...

ps: now i'm doing the clutch cover and the oil filter cover... didn't need to sand it with 80, the 600 worked fine then went lower.

How cold was cold? We were out last year and it got down to 3 degrees for two nights in a row? What year is your bike? Mine is a 06 wr 250f. I'm wondering what else if anything could have caused it.

it was in the high 20's. I was SHOCKED when I saw it. Called my buddies over and asked what they did to my bike, they laughed. They were very brittle, cracked and large chunks fell off. :confused: I had only had the bike about 30 days. I even went back to the dealer asking about replacement and got the, those are junk anyway, real bad in cold weather. It is an 2007 WR