HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gsully

03 wr450f skid plate?

7 posts in this topic

I have the "Utah Cycle Sport" skid plate on my 03. Had it since Feb. of 03 . It has taken some hits but other than the underside being sandblasted from the front tire it is in very good shape. I had a Utah on my WR 400 before and thats why I went with them again. Strong, lightweight and good side coverage, plus it mounts easily and didn't cost an arm and a leg.:confused:

Jim

I have the "Utah Cycle Sport" skid plate on my 03. Had it since Feb. of 03 . It has taken some hits but other than the underside being sandblasted from the front tire it is in very good shape. I had a Utah on my WR 400 before and thats why I went with them again. Strong, lightweight and good side coverage, plus it mounts easily and didn't cost an arm and a leg.:confused:

Jim

+1, well actually, +3 since I have bought 3 Utah Cylce skid plates. They are great. ALSO, you can buy the one on TT since it is the same one.:confused:

I just bought a composite skid plate for my 03 made by Hyde Racing. I have yet to mount it and try it out but here are a few reasonsn why I like it over traditional aluminum, carbon fiber, and plastic ones.

-Full underbelly coverage, including the footpeg frame rails

-Heat resistant

-Abrasion resistant

-Will not dent

-Will not crack or fatigue like carbon fiber skid plates do

-Absorbs sound instead of reflecting it up as do aluminum plates

-Lightest amongst all comparable skid plates

-Won't corrode like aluminum

-Teflon impregnation makes the plate slippery to mud, dirt, and skidding over obstacles

-Best of all I got for only $60 off of Ebay

You can read about it at www.hyderacing.com

I've got a GYT-R full skid plate. It's 3/16" thick, bolts in the stock holes and gets beat to hell, but nothing has been damaged that it should have protected.

See my garage.