HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
matts06yzf

Broken Alxle messed up Talon Hub on 06 Help.

10 posts in this topic

Ok Was doing my normal 2 moto practice today heard chain start smaking my frame, so I pulled off and noticed that most of my sprocket teeth where gone. Went to pull the rear wheel off and couldnt get axle out well, I looked and its bent all to shit and broke. After alot of beating :confused: I got it out. Ok I need a new axle, My main concern is the talon hubs, I couldnt get the spacers off once I did the cylinder thingy:excuseme: that the axle slides through is also bent all to shit. HOW DO I GET THIS THING OUT????????? JUST beat it? Or how does it suppose to come out to replace bearings. I guess white bros can send me a new one and seome spacers but I cant get it out. Is this all damage I should look for? This sucks. I have know Idea how this happened unless the 90 ft table I have finally took its toll because I have had some hard hits. Heres pics

DSCN2028.jpg

DSCN2027.jpg

DSCN2031.jpg

The way it is bent it couldn't have broken from an impact. Looks like your chain was too tight and it pulled the wheel hard enough to break the axle. I can't believe it didn't break the sprocket or the hub first. If it was a stock hub I think it would have given way.

I have never seen a axle bent like that...How much slack are you running on your chain? And did any sprocket bolts come loose? One possible but not probable thing is that the axle was fatiqued...that crack looks suspicious

You are going to need to rebuild the entire inside of the hub.

White Bros need to be contacted to see if there is a rebuild kit for this or if it is individual parts. You need to remove the bearings and inventory inside of that hub. Your bearings may still be ok but at least the side of the bent axle may need to be swapped. The cylinder carrier needs to be replaced as well as both spacers if they are chewed. Also you will need a new Axle from Yami or a Ti axle may be stronger/lighter - these are available also

Amazing that the hubs lasted through this....Talon makes strong stuff:thumbsup:

you need to remove the cylinder carrier in the center as well as any other removeable parts and find a punch to remove the bearings....W/O damaging the hubs....if you are unsure have someone who has done this before....you do not want to damage those hubs....

I have never seen a axle bent like that...How much slack are you running on your chain? And did any sprocket bolts come loose? One possible but not probable thing is that the axle was fatiqued...that crack looks suspicious

You are going to need to rebuild the entire inside of the hub.

White Bros need to be contacted to see if there is a rebuild kit for this or if it is individual parts. You need to remove the bearings and inventory inside of that hub. Your bearings may still be ok but at least the side of the bent axle may need to be swapped. The cylinder carrier needs to be replaced as well as both spacers if they are chewed. Also you will need a new Axle from Yami or a Ti axle may be stronger/lighter - these are available also

Amazing that the hubs lasted through this....Talon makes strong stuff:thumbsup:

you need to remove the cylinder carrier in the center as well as any other removeable parts and find a punch to remove the bearings....W/O damaging the hubs....if you are unsure have someone who has done this before....you do not want to damage those hubs....

Its not due to chain being to tight I assure you. Always 2.1 inches or more I always make sure 3 of my fat fingers fit at all times. I have no clue how thgis happened.

wow ive never seen that befor:eek: is the hub broken at all, any hairline cracks?

nope nothing wrong with hub.

man you got lucky.

a testament to Talon....:confused:

Man that Axle looks like it could have had a defect to crack like that. :confused:

Or a heck of a lot force there to break it...

a testament to Talon....:confused:

Man that Axle looks like it could have had a defect to crack like that. :confused:

Or a heck of a lot force there to break it...

I had a few hard hits yesterday off 90 ft table. Landing on rear wheel so I wouldnt hit so hard. I think it was icing on the cake. I ordered everything to re build hub 130 bucks and will have it by friday. I am going to run stockers on 08 and 06 for practice abd talons to race.

I had a few hard hits yesterday off 90 ft table. Landing on rear wheel so I wouldnt hit so hard. I think it was icing on the cake. I ordered everything to re build hub 130 bucks and will have it by friday. I am going to run stockers on 08 and 06 for practice abd talons to race.

matt pm me on who sells the rebuild kit plz

David