HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Frank ZX

Calling all XRL guru's

7 posts in this topic

Hey Guy's,I found a CRF450 front wheel. I know the wheel is different.What I need to know is can I put my XR650L wheel bearings in the CRF450 wheel to make it work?

I think that you can forget it.

450X uses a 6904 bearing that is 20mm x 37mm x 9mm

650L uses a 6003 bearing that is 17mm x 35mm x 10mm

You would need to find a bearing that has a 17mm ID and a 37mm OD. Don't think you are going to find it. Not 100% sure if a 10mm wide one would work or if you would need to find a 9mm wide one.

It wouldn't be that much work if you really wanted to do it. There are two options:

-Call a bearing company like Motion Industries and ask them if they have a bearing that matches the required parameters

-If not, have a machinest build you a sleeve to increase the effective ID of your axle

After that you may need to do some work building spacers to center your wheel and a bracket to relocate your caliper, but I'm not certain about that.