HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YzEdge

I have Jetting problems, need help.

4 posts in this topic

My 06 yz450 is backfiring and poping when I shut down the throttle. Heres what I got, a full two bros exoust system with a boysen quickshot excelarator pump a 170 main and a 48 pilot jet my fuel screw is @ 3 turns out, Ive cleaned my carb and checked my hot choke for extra tension its all good. I was told to richen it up butt how rich do I go, my elavation is about 2400ft, I live in the SoCal high desert.

try a 175 main and move the clip down on your needle and try it. it's all trial and error. if your 3 turns or more it's time to go up one size in the pilot.

read your manual it's in there.

I did have a 175 main jet in there for a little while it did run slightly better untill I raced at GlenHelen, with the altitude change it was back to poping real bad again, I put the 170 back in because I thought the 175 might have been a little too rich on the top side and I needed to richen up the bottom end 0-1/4 throttle.

IMO, you're richer than you need to be already. I run a 165/45/needle in 4 on both my '06's, and they run fine. Yes, they both pop a little, but so what?

If yours is popping excessively, I would look at the exhaust. You most likely have an air leak in it.