DRD press release for 08 exhuast system.

http://www.racerxill.com/pressreleases/article/2031/drd-exhaust-system--2008-yz450f-titi-.aspx

I know we had discussed in another thread that there was not an exhuast made specifically for the 08 YZ450 as yet and that the 07 exhuasts will work. However i just stumbled across this press release on the racerx website and i take it to be a confirmation that DRD has infact started production of the 08 exhuast and it seems that it is available now. If you scroll to the bottom of the link, they also list the part number.

very nice dr.d is the best :confused:

Thanks for the link.

I hope they are making the stainless/aluminum versions of the exhaust as well. I see no reason to spend almost $800 on a pipe to save 2lbs or whatever.

Thanks for the link.

I hope they are making the stainless/aluminum versions of the exhaust as well. I see no reason to spend almost $800 on a pipe to save 2lbs or whatever.

I'm sure you can get it in stainless/aluminum.

MXA reviewed it in the new issue and gave it 5 stars.

Erik

Tell me why I called doubach and the lady said that the exhuast is the same part number as the 07 TI/TI exhaust......ITS THE SAME DAMN EXHAUST!!:confused:

lots of conflicting reports... I called DR d also and they said they were all the same part #. Someone posted that doug was testing different head pipes for the 08... don't know who to believe...

Well, we already have testimony here from more than one guy who put the earlier pipe on his '08 and was at least satisfied (if not delirious) about the results. So, if you're feeling impatient, I'd just do it. Odds are that if the '08 version, when and if it comes along, is actually any better, the difference will most likely be marginal.

ITS THE SAME PIPE AS 06-07. I have talked with them several times.

let me add my .02$... they came out with a new exhaust that replaces the previous unit and is for '06-08 YZ450F...

There is not a new exhaust designed just for the '08....