Need new wheels/tires...what other models or years will fit?

I have a 2006 WR450F and need a new set of wheels and tires for it since I just sold my supermoto setup and am putting it back to stock form.

What other models or years will fit my 06 wr450f? Do I need to stick with the WR's or will any YZ front wheels fit?

My understanding is: the back wheel from any wr or yz 1998 and up 125-450 will fit. the wr front wheel has a speedometer drive lug on it , so to make your speedo work you need a wr front hub .if you don't care about the speedo any yz or wr 125-450 1998-up will work someone at the bike shop said you can go back to 1995 on some rims ,but I'm not sure on that.

If I am not mistaken 125's and 250 "F's" have a narrower rear wheel than 250 2 strokes and 450's. Don't quote me on this though.

If I am not mistaken 125's and 250 "F's" have a narrower rear wheel than 250 2 strokes and 450's. Don't quote me on this though.

Yes that's correct but they still fit.

The 1998 rear will not fit a newer bike.

I believe all fronts from 96 on will fit, but the '96-00's have a smaller brake disk.

yep your right. I'm running a 2000 250 2stroke rim for my sand paddle. bolted right up.