HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yama02yz250f

what pro taper bend for someone whos 6'3 on a 2000 yz426f

26 posts in this topic

I just bought a longhorn adjustable top triple clamp to make it easier for me to stand. They are suppose to have a 32 mm rise and are adjustable forward. I need to get new bars because the clamps are for fatbars. I am leaning toward protaper contours but dont know what bend and pullback to get. I may be getting the fastway pegs soon as well and lower them. Any suggests would be great

I'm 6'2" and use a Pro Taper Windham bend. The Reed/Henry bend is similar but just slightly shorter would be good as well as long as you like the fact that they don't have a lot of sweep to them.

Steve

I use pastrana fmx bend contours,so does my son,we are 6.2" and 6.4",i also lowered my pegs by half inch.Helped a lot,can now stand up without being hunched right over.

i am 6' 5'' and i ride the renthal fat bar cr double high. i had the pastrana fmx but they had too much pull back for my liking. i really like the cr double high.

I use pastrana fmx bend contours,so does my son,we are 6.2" and 6.4",i also lowered my pegs by half inch.Helped a lot,can now stand up without being hunched right over.

Another vote here for the Pro Taper Pastrana FMX bend. They have the tallest rise of any bar I've found. I'm 6' 2"

I just bought a longhorn adjustable top triple clamp to make it easier for me to stand. They are suppose to have a 32 mm rise and are adjustable forward. I need to get new bars because the clamps are for fatbars. I am leaning toward protaper contours but dont know what bend and pullback to get. I may be getting the fastway pegs soon as well and lower them. Any suggests would be great

I'm 6'4". I have the same top clamp, but I bought the 55mm risers from RM. I have the YZ high bend Pro Tapers and the bar mount is all the way forward. Its comfortable for me.

I might have to call rm and see if they have any 55 mm risers. I cant find any online. How do yo like the clamp? I figure for $27 off ebay they should me more then worth it.

I might have to call rm and see if they have any 55 mm risers. I cant find any online. How do yo like the clamp? I figure for $27 off ebay they should me more then worth it.

I like the clamp. I've had it for almost a year now.

if the clamps have a 32 mm raise and will be moved as far forward as possible, will protaper windham bends be fine with all the cables? I really dont want to have to get new cables

I am 6ft 3in and the problem that I have with the pasrtana fmx bars is that they are too narrow. My friends alway`s joke that I have a 9ft wing span ( it`s not really though) so even though they are taller, it is not a natural fit for a tall, bigger person. For me I have had the best fit and feel with the Pro Taper Contour KX high bend.

For the record I am not a big fan of Fastway pegs. I have had two different pairs of them and they just don`t hold up well in the long haul. I like to buy the Sunline Pro pegs and modify them to lower just like the Fastway`s.

Between the taller bars, the lowerd pegs and then add a tall firm seat, the YZ feels pretty good to a large person.

Henry bend with universal adapters- I'm 6'2" and I loved that setup on my 426. Also, if you can find a stock 02 top clamp they are slightly higher and more forward than the 00. I also lowered the pegs on the 00 and it made a huge difference for me.

if the clamps have a 32 mm raise and will be moved as far forward as possible, will protaper windham bends be fine with all the cables? I really dont want to have to get new cables

Your cables will be long enough. :crazy: