Yellow plastics for WR400F 1999 ?

i was looking for yellow plastics for Yamaha WR400F 1999 ????? any idea ?

non of the manufacturers is producing yellow plastic kits for the 400 ?

One Industries still does, but you have to buy the whole Huricane kit. It's not on their web site anymore, and is not in the catalogue, but they still make 'em. I just put one on my son's WR250 a couple of months ago. Looks great!

can you post a photo to so we can see how it looks ???

can you post a photo to so we can see how it looks ???

Sorry it took so long to post this up...the kid had the bike in pieces (again)...

100_7538.jpg

100_7542.jpg

100_7540.jpg

100_7544.jpg

Very nice.

Did you have frame powder coated to black?

Also what type of colour did you use on engine covers?

I intend to build a 100% black bike, including side number plates and front fork guards.

Expect black powder coated frame end of the week, not yet sure what to do with rear arm (anodizing impossible).

Dont know if black powder coated arm would be durable enough for the woods.

The frame is painted, not powder coated (my son was too impatient to strip the frame and send it out, so PJ-1 Frame Paint to the rescue. The engine covers are rustoleum satin black hi temp engine enamel. My experience with powder coating is that it would hold as well as anodize in the woods. If it's gonna scratch and chip the epoxy powdercoat, it would scratch or gouge the anodize thru to the parent metal as well. Make sure they use a low temp (250 F) cure powder so you don't destroy the heat treat on the aluminum swing arm.

That's a nice bike, I hope that kid is getting good grades or dad is going to have a nice bike to ride while his is apart.:confused:

Who makes the license plate frame/LED light?

That's a nice bike, I hope that kid is getting good grades or dad is going to have a nice bike to ride while his is apart.:confused:

Thanks. He did all the work himself. His grades are definitely improving, motivated by both the bike and football eligibility!

Who makes the license plate frame/LED light?

License plate frame is just a cheepie from the local accessory store. The tail light/license plate mount is from Baja Designs. TT store sells em.

Thanks, I'll check Baja Designs out. By the way the bike looks trick.

Thanks, I'll check Baja Designs out. By the way the bike looks trick.

Thanks...I'll pass the compliments on to my son!

That old 250 looks sweet there Birdy!!!! I like! :confused: