What to buy? Big bore Bike.

Its time to tear down my dual sport XR650R. Motor runs fine. I need to clean and repack the chassis bushings and have the rear shock rebuilt. I need to buy another bike to ride because I do not have a good place to work on the Xr. I would like to buy another big bore bike. Anybody have any thoughts about the Beta 525, Husaberg 650 or Ktm 525? I plan on keeping Xr, but would like somthing a little lighter for the tight stuff. I really need this bike to be road legal from the factory. I would buy a updated Xr650r if Honda would build it. Thanks, Robert

Its time to tear down my dual sport XR650R. Motor runs fine. I need to clean and repack the chassis bushings and have the rear shock rebuilt. I need to buy another bike to ride because I do not have a good place to work on the Xr. I would like to buy another big bore bike. Anybody have any thoughts about the Beta 525, Husaberg 650 or Ktm 525? I plan on keeping Xr, but would like somthing a little lighter for the tight stuff. I really need this bike to be road legal from the factory. I would buy a updated Xr650r if Honda would build it. Thanks, Robert

I myself am looking at a Husky TE610, but for a lighter tight stuff street legal look at the Husky TE410 or TE510 at 250 lbs.

Oops I meant the TE450 (not TE410)...

The huskys look cool. How hard is it to get parts? I am shipping out to the federal law enforcement academy for a few months and wont be able to purchase anything until I get back. I think it would be better to buy the bike after Christmas anyway. I Know that KTM has the best support as far as dealers go. My goal is to have two street legal bikes so I am not forced to sneak around on my non plated 250 when one of the big bikes needs fixing. Praying Honda Will come out with a XR700R in time for the BAJA 1000.

HGusaberg 650 or 550.

Yamaha TW200.

It will make you fix your pig that much sooner! :confused:

Sean :confused:

I rode a 525 KTM. It was a little strange, A lot of engine noise,sounds like it's ready to blow at any time. But man are they light and fast!

I know a guy that just bought a new 300 KTM broke the clutch lever off and had to order one (real special) it took 3 weeks and cost 40 bucks.

I rode a 525 KTM. It was a little strange, A lot of engine noise,sounds like it's ready to blow at any time. But man are they light and fast!

I know a guy that just bought a new 300 KTM broke the clutch lever off and had to order one (real special) it took 3 weeks and cost 40 bucks.

$40 ***??? I break stuff like that almost every time I go out in the desert. Ten bucks is the most a lever should cost. I guess the valves take longer than 10 min to adjust as well. I wonder if these new bikes can handle full throttle hwy speeds for 4-5 hours at a time? I rode my XR a 1000 miles in a weekend. 8oo miles were as fast as it would go on 1-10. Used 1/2 a quart of oil the whole trip. I am going to lookup some parts prices today.