HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EddieTNT

2008 650L and 650R

9 posts in this topic

No more Hondas for me. Since they dumped the 2ts and now the BRP they don't offer a single offroad bike that I am even slightly interested in. I'd hate to turn orange (been there done that), but that may be my only recourse. Oh well I have two Rs. One with less than 50 miles on it. I will ride them until my eyes bulge. Until then Honda can kiss my furry butt.:thumbsup:

No more Hondas for me. Since they dumped the 2ts and now the BRP they don't offer a single offroad bike that I am even slightly interested in. I'd hate to turn orange (been there done that), but that may be my only recourse. Oh well I have two Rs. One with less than 50 miles on it. I will ride them until my eyes bulge. Until then Honda can kiss my furry butt.:thumbsup:

I am about to turn a little Huskier...take a look at those...I won't turn orange like every other bike around these days where I live.

I don't see why that they never took the XR650R, made it street legal and added e-start, as a replacement for the XR650L .... or even as they did back in the 70's with the CR250M Elsinore Motocrosser, and spring boarded into the MT125 and MT250 (granted they were nothing like the MX'r) you would think that with today's technology they could easily make a complimentary to the purebred racer line a XR650RL, CRF450L, CRF250L as an example.

I don't see why that they never took the XR650R, made it street legal and added e-start, as a replacement for the XR650L .... or even as they did back in the 70's with the CR250M Elsinore Motocrosser, and spring boarded into the MT125 and MT250 (granted they were nothing like the MX'r) you would think that with today's technology they could easily make a complimentary to the purebred racer line a XR650RL, CRF450L, CRF250L as an example.

maybe the new crf230L is a start in this direction.

overseas markets saw street legal 650r's, not sure if they had e-start though.

Could be that the CRF230L is a start in the right direction, it is afterall the first small displacement dual sport they have had in a long time.

I suggest we swamp em with letters and phone calls, requesting a new line of dual sports as I mentioned.

If you wish to comment on your experiences with your Honda product or with your Dealer, please send your comments to the following address (U.S. only):

Motorcycle Division,

American Honda Motor Co., Inc.

P.O. Box 2200

Torrance, CA 90509-2200

Mail stop: 100-4C-7B

Telephone: (866) 784-1870

No R. No 2 strokes. That brochure looked boooooring. 230L !!! What a joke !!

Having seen Honda progress all the way from the old XLs through to the near-perfect 650R, and they offer up a 230L. Bloody insult.