Looky looky 650L dyno results.

I was the dealer today and a they where dyno'n a 2007 bone stock XR650L with 20miles on it. Since I wasnt paying for the dyno I couldnt get a print out but I wrote the results on the back of one of my business cards.

Peak Hp was 30.7 hp @ 6100 rpm

Peak Torque was 30.3 @ 4300 rpm

not monster numbers by any means what was intresting was that from the torque curve was very flat and near peak from 3.5-6k witch is awesome.

After I wish I had a tach on my bike because after 6k, the bikes power drops like a rock! at redline it looked to have the same power as at idle ***!

conclusion: The power is from 2.5-6k and and revving it out only hurts your power.

I would like to knwow actual dyno results on a intake, pipe, jetting one. I have read 40hp, but looking at stock number that seems overly optomistic. I would think maybe 6hp tops. :thumbsup:

Opps edited I was off a hp,, typo

bone stock? at what ele.? very intersting and disappointing. what does a dyno test cost?

I have a dyno for my 675, 102.4mm wiseco with hotcam, VM40 (40mm) carb, open pipe, mild DIY porting, standard ignition system if youre interested?

49 RWHP if I remember right and its from a trusted dyno that myself and other friends use a lot.

nice ride. you must REALLY love singles!

I got 52 rwhp on my bike and thats no joke LOL OOPS i dynoed it on a downhill slope. It figures that stock hp is low since the L and R are totally restricted from manufacturer so the aftermarket companies can get some love too. What would we do if it had 50hp from the floor LOL.

[What would we do if it had 50hp from the floor LOL.]

Go for 60hp:applause:

lol thats true

I got 52 rwhp on my bike and thats no joke LOL OOPS i dynoed it on a downhill slope. It figures that stock hp is low since the L and R are totally restricted from manufacturer so the aftermarket companies can get some love too. What would we do if it had 50hp from the floor LOL.

wheels down???LOL!:thumbsup:

I ride so slow in these New England woods that for me it's all about the torque. Stump pulling tractor power - yahoo!

Of course I would probably ride slow in the desert too.

bone stock? at what ele.? very intersting and disappointing. what does a dyno test cost?

$40 a run. That is just a dyno run...no tweaking or tuning. we are @ 900-1000ft.

its twice that here in the UK £40/hr :thumbsup: