2008 Brp

Sorry, I may be wrong as wings on a wheelbarrow, but there's no way Honda is so stupid that they're going to stay out of the Adventure market.

Yes, the L is a great bike, I spent some time on Huffa's, down at Budds Creek, and was REALLY impressed with his L. 10 years from now the L will still be a great bike, with a large, loyal following. But Honda cannot--and will not--ignore the growing Adventure market.

Honda WILL intro a large engine, injected A-bike. There'll be a street-legal version for sure. If not now, then for sure as a mid-year model in the Spring.

I've said it many times and most of you know it to be true: Honda is NOT stupid. And, to NOT intro a street-legal, take-no-prisoners replacement for the R would be pure stupidity.

Mark my words, there will be a mid-model-year 2008 announcement, if not sooner.

My guess is they're building a bike around the new 700cc FI engine and are having problems getting it to meet Cal and Euro emissions standards, which is the reason for no announcement yet. But Honda is nothing if not magnificent engineers. So they'll get the bugs out. Then they'll announce.

Take heart, keep the faith. You will not be disappointed.

You want to go orange, go orange. Me, I like red.

THe R's problem is that it's bulletproof,it's about parts these days.

Selling parts is where the money is.

THe R's problem is that it's bulletproof,it's about parts these days.

Selling parts is where the money is.

Always has been. Parts are where most manufacturers gain the bulk of their profits. Service, too.

Look at Yamahas YZ450F. That engine design is coming up on 10 years dating back to the 400. That's a butt load in motocross years.

I'm certainly with ya on not buying a 450.

Not that anyone cares, but the 450 was a clean sheet design for 06. The main reason for that was the oil tank between the cases (yes a dry sump system in the engine) and internal oiling from the oil filter to the top end.

Also the head is totally new, but accepts valves, springs, retainers, and seals from the old head.

650R & 450R/X are two different animals. Kind of like a flat-blade vs a Phillips screwdriver. Similar, but different, and one isn't a replacement for the other.

650R is already tooled for; Honda should just keep cranking them out. The demand is still there.

Personally, I'd like to see Honda make the 650R and 450X with a easily installable/removeable DOT kit.

That's the deal, demand is too far off. Honda would never stop making a bike the still sold well, that's why the L is still there. The KTM 520 took over the big bike market from the R.

The R is conspicuous in its absence from Honda's list of 2008 bikes. I would almost put money on a future (mid year?, next year, in two years?) release of an updated Pig. I am further betting it will have nearly the same engine as the quad. CRF700AFI (adventure, fuel injection).

We will see. It's fun to dream of hauling butt in Baja on a reliable 700 Honda.

Sorry, I may be wrong as wings on a wheelbarrow, but there's no way Honda is so stupid that they're going to stay out of the Adventure market.

Yes, the L is a great bike, I spent some time on Huffa''s, down at Budds Creek, and was REALLY impressed with his L. 10 years from now the L will still be a great bike, with a large, loyal following. But Honda cannot--and will not--ignore the growing Adventure market.

Honda WILL intro a large engine, injected A-bike. Therell be a street-legal version for sure. If not now, then for sure as a mid-year model in the Spring.

I've said it many times and most of you know it to be true: Honda is NOT stupid. And, to NOT intro a street legal, take-no-prisoners replacement for the R would be pure stupidity.

Mark my words, there will be a mid-model-year 2008 announcement, if not sooner.

My guess is they're buildiing a bike around the new 700cc FI engine and are having problems getting it to meet Cal and Euro emissions standards, whiich is the reason for no announcement yet. And Honda is nothing if not magnificent engineers. They'll get the bugs out. Then they'll announce.

Take heart, keep the faith. You will not be disappointed.

i would say this is a very accurate assumption.

I did. Just picked up a 525EXC. I'd like to ride red but I'm not going to hold my breath. :confused:

Honda just lost a sale. :confused:

Sean :confused:

I did. Just picked up a 525EXC. I'd like to ride red but I'm not going to hold my breath. :confused:

Good luck w/ that.......Save your pennies............

I would like to see a revised 650R that uses the same frame, the TRX700 686cc cylinder but no fuel injection, a set of fat upside down forks, minimalist road legal gear like a 2007 KTM 525EXC with a bright road-going headlight, electric start, and try to offset the added weight somehow to keep it under 290 pounds dry.

What ever you do don't ride it on the road.

And don't read how many 525's blow up in the Aussie Safari.

(In my best Doc Brown voice) Roads? Where I'm going, I don't need roads!:confused:

As far as the Aussie Safari, well I live in Canada and probably will never go there so I'm golden! :confused:

Actually, I still want a BRP. Maybe in a year when my wallet has recovered, I'll be able to find an 06 or 07 leftover. :confused:

ktm's are like desert eagles-- Cool concept but not 100% there

Ok so why can't you ride it on the road?

Ok so why can't you ride it on the road?

I think he was referring to long trip, extended/sustained RPM situations. Which the BRP eats for lunch.

What is the big deal.......most of us have a BRP or two so, if Honda comes out with something better I'll buy that also. TE510 is looking good...I am waiting for a friend to actualy buy it and not just talk about it.....so, I can ride it and see what it's all about. It's RED!

There realy isn't another bike out there from any manufacturer like the XR650R.

What a damnd shame.

damn u honda

u better take that shitty rubber off ur shocks too-- after u give us the FMX SM

I ain't a good enough rider for the likes of a KTM or the high zoot CRF450X, or even the legendary XR650R. I do pretty good on my lil XR250R in the woods. The XR650L is too heavy and awkward and has a tuck and dive feel to the front end that I think comes from the high CG that the bike has. I rdie my XR650L on the street and mild trails - with an occasional side-trip into insanity and try to ride it in the same locales as the 250R, it does it, but not without a lotta work and some scariness.

For you fast guys that love the XR650R I hope Honda produces a suitable replacement. I think they will. I think that it also will be smaller, lighter and more power, but not like the 650R was. You can almost bet they will use an existing platform - to cut costs - rather than introduce something totally new, but then again who knows?!