Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Krannie McKranface

What do you think of this '96 trick 600??

19 posts in this topic

i like, that yours? like the cr rear fender.

nevermind i just saw the "he's asking 3300"

must have been worrrried about scuffing his boots with the foam on the frame!

Nice looking ride. As for the price, don't worry too much what others think. If you feel it's worth the price, go for it.

ac-dc i only meant nevermind to "is that your's?".

3300 is a good deal for all the mods/extras on that nice 600.

No worries martinfun30, I was speaking in general and not commenting on your previous post :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nobody here listens to your jibberish anyways... LOL

1 person likes this

You can find a XR650r set up for about the same price and it's a better bike.

No f'ing way can you find a plated XR650 that has even minor set up for under $4.5k.

No f'ing way can you find a plated XR650 that has even minor set up for under $4.5k.

Asking and what they actually sell for are two different things, you just gotta look. I've seen 2 (last 3 months) go for 4K with a plate that were not beaters and 4K for a 3 or 4 year old bike that is set up and a good ride is better than 11 years old at only 700 bucks less. My 99 600 had everything imaginable with a fresh engine and it went for 3K in 03. Sounds like you already made up your mind anyways.

Here is one that is right at the asking price of 4500:

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/413498110.html

betcha could get it for quite a bit less then that for cash. I've found cash usually drops between 500 & 1,000 off asking price if you are willing to walk at any moment the deal doesn't go your way.

edit:

even already has Eagle hubs and Excel rims with HD spokes, and its only 45 miles away from me. Maybe I should just buy that baby.

Here is one that is right at the asking price of 4500:

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/413498110.html

betcha could get it for quite a bit less then that for cash. I've found cash usually drops between 500 & 1,000 off asking price if you are willing to walk at any moment the deal doesn't go your way.

edit:

even already has Eagle hubs and Excel rims with HD spokes, and its only 45 miles away from me. Maybe I should just buy that baby.

Damn! I'd pick that up myself if I was not living in the great white north!

Shop around, maybe drop a few more bucks and get an XR650R. They are out there, going in the 3-4K range, titled like the guys have pointed out, and remember toys are the first thing to go when you need a few quick bucks and the economy sucks as it does now. Cash in hand is always the way to deal...:thumbsup:

You may find one cheaper but then you would spend more money getting it set up. Plus you can't find those rear fenders anywhere. I think I just saw a black one on ebay but I would like a red one.

I was looking at that red under his fender too but the one on ebay was black. Good thing because then I would have had to buy new rear blinkers and tail light.

You Should Put That Bike In Your Collection And Find A Way To Buy The Bike You Want. I Also Have A Kitted Up '96 600r, Which I Will Never Let Any Other Dude Tear Up.