HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sycamore

2007 WR450 Wire Harness

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone know off hand if the wiring harness routes over top of the carb? I took this thing apart over a month ago and forget how it routes. I sure hope it doesn't as it would make changing a needle a bit of a chore:mad:

Thanks.

Does anyone know off hand if the wiring harness routes over top of the carb? I took this thing apart over a month ago and forget how it routes. I sure hope it doesn't as it would make changing a needle a bit of a chore:mad:

Thanks.

The shop manual has detailed routing diagrams for all hoses, wiring, etc... I only had mine apart for a few hours and I had to reference them before putting it all back together :thumbsup:

The shop manual has detailed routing diagrams for all hoses, wiring, etc... I only had mine apart for a few hours and I had to reference them before putting it all back together :thumbsup:

I didn't see a "from the top down" view of it. I'll look again but does it go directly over top of the carb where the needle cover is?

under the tank and between the spars in the frame

But is it DIRECTLY over the carb needle cover (top of the carb) or is it off to the side of the carb?

Does it matter? As long as all the wires are getting from A to B without being stretched, crushed or likely to be snagged on anything you can route them however you want. If it's easier for you to route them off to the side, do it.

I did found the top down picture in the book just a page away from the one I was looking at. Had to use a magnifying glass to read it..I'm getting old!

Interesting no one knew this though?