HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
resinlips

Best bash plate 07WR

7 posts in this topic

Iv'e searched and seen a few different ones. Have to toss the stock plastic 5 gallon bucket. I like the gytr enduro stump gaurd but it's a little hard on the wallet.

I got the Flatlander Racing skid plate. Utah Sport Cycle skid plates are nice but I just like the look of Flatlander better. Also, the bottom bolt on the Flatlander is recessed for more protection from sheering.

I have the flatland too, but unfortunately I cant recomend it. It attaches great to the frame in 4 points, and it looks like great protection to the lower part of the frame (which is really low on the 07). Protection for the waterpump looks not more than ok, but the Alum side wing doesnt look capable to absorb a serious hit. Protection for the brake pedal doesnt exist at all. I replaced 3 pedals in 1 month of riding and only one out of the 3 was as a result from a crash. The other two times were just while taking a tight fast corner in special tests. The bike is LOW - did I mention that?

I got the Flatlander Racing skid plate. Utah Sport Cycle skid plates are nice but I just like the look of Flatlander better. Also, the bottom bolt on the Flatlander is recessed for more protection from sheering.

I agee, I like the Flatlander. Hit a good rock this weekend:foul: and it held up well.

Another endorsement for the Flatland plate (Utah looks of similar quality). I ride in Nevada mountains (mostly rock and sand) and have taken several significant hits on the bottom with no structural damage. Also took one on the side over the wkend that certainly would have crushed the water pump - the plate deflected the bike off a boulder and didn't bend (did bend the rear brake lever somewhat, but I don't know of a plate that would protect it :thumbsup: ). You probably can't go wrong with either one of these - definitely a great investment. Good luck. :thumbsup:

I have the Utah Sport Cycle one, which is the same as the TT one. IMO, for the money, about $75, you can't beat it, plus, you can buy it here!!!