XR invisible to radar?

I've been flashed by radar cameras many times. I don't get fined because the flash / camera is from the front and my license plate is on the back, but there's no doubt the radar picks me up (650R).

California Airplane Speeding Ticket

The California Highway Patrol

is currently making extensive use of airplanes to spot speeders,

especially near the Nevada border.

Normally the aiplane spots a vehicle

and then the CHP officer on the ground

either paints him with radar or paces the speeder.

This is part of their "show no mercy campaign".

If you receive one of these California speeding tickets

be sure to ascertain how your speed was determined.

If the officer in the airplane measured your speed

this may be in violation of the speed trap law

and both officers must appear in court

or you can request dismissal.

The question is:

If the Office is in Violation

of the Speed Trap Law,

What Penalty does the Officer receive?:rant:

Inquiring Minds want to Know.:thumbsup:

:ride:

California Airplane Speeding Ticket

The California Highway Patrol

is currently making extensive use of airplanes to spot speeders,

especially near the Nevada border.

Normally the aiplane spots a vehicle

and then the CHP officer on the ground

either paints him with radar or paces the speeder.

This is part of their "show no mercy campaign".

If you receive one of these California speeding tickets

be sure to ascertain how your speed was determined.

If the officer in the airplane measured your speed

this may be in violation of the speed trap law

and both officers must appear in court

or you can request dismissal.

The question is:

If the Office is in Violation

of the Speed Trap Law,

What Penalty does the Officer receive?:rant:

Inquiring Minds want to Know.:thumbsup:

:ride:

NO he doesnt signal for a car to go chase you down and radar or pace you he times you, theres ticks on the side of the freeway at 1/2 mile intervals and with the time he can tell within .5 mph how fast your going. THEN he lets the car know who to go get. TRUST me i know a guy who has gone up with the CHP for a day and told me all about it. BUT none the less I-15 is always heavly patrolled from Victorville thru barstow and to stateline

I too have been nailed by the radar on Skyline bombing around turns just to see a CHP waiting fort some unsuspecting throttle jocky like myself with radar lit up. He was a young buck and I almost talked my way into a verbal warning. My buddy did not have his permit with him, so we ended up hosed. The officer was nice enough to not write us up for 80, but rather 10 mph over. That was my 5th time through traffic school. Did the online version and it is the best way I've found yet (beats classes or the video series). Much faster.

NO he doesnt signal for a car to go chase you down and radar or pace you he times you, theres ticks on the side of the freeway at 1/2 mile intervals and with the time he can tell within .5 mph how fast your going. THEN he lets the car know who to go get. TRUST me i know a guy who has gone up with the CHP for a day and told me all about it. BUT none the less I-15 is always heavly patrolled from Victorville thru barstow and to stateline

You're absolutely right Denn. One of the Troopers that I used to work with in Cleveland County now flys for OHP and works in our area from time to time. He calls us with the vehicle description, lane position and speed. If the receiving party elects to fight the ticket, our DA prefers both officers to be available, but usually the key testimony comes from the observer in the aircraft.

I was just thinking about how odd it is to now be on the "good" side of the radar! :p Back in "the day", I was on the receiving end more than a few times. :applause: It is amazing what a difference having a good attitude and admitting your mistake makes. :eek:

-Joe

As far as radars only picking up the largest object, this depends on the radar software/firmware. If it is programmed to pick up the fastest object within its field of view, then that is what it will do.

That headlight on the front of your bike is a Parabolic Reflector. They are exceptionally good at reflecting radar signals. Radar bounces off metals very well. Spokes, muffler, chains, engine cases, radiators, swing arms, etc.

Stop light sensors for triggering the regualr stop lights use an inductive signal (via hall-effect) that picks up primarily iron (steel). Non-ferrous metals like aluminum don't work as well.

Stop light cameras use radar and camera to record speed and the front license plate and driver. Fortunately, bikes don't have a front license plate so they just throw them out.

Toll Road cameras have blind spots because they focus in on the license plate of a vehicle in the center of a lane. Alot of motorcyclists ride the line between lanes and never get caught.

You're absolutely right Denn. One of the Troopers that I used to work with in Cleveland County now flys for OHP and works in our area from time to time. He calls us with the vehicle description, lane position and speed. If the receiving party elects to fight the ticket, our DA prefers both officers to be available, but usually the key testimony comes from the observer in the aircraft.

I was just thinking about how odd it is to now be on the "good" side of the radar! :rolleyes: Back in "the day", I was on the receiving end more than a few times. :rolleyes: It is amazing what a difference having a good attitude and admitting your mistake makes. :thumbsup:

-Joe

your a Police officer ? Where?

While not exactly radar-related, many stop lights here appear to use an optical sensor instead of the pavement-mounted types. Some still don't work worth a damn, even with cars. :thumbsup:

your a Police officer ? Where?

The big 'ville...Purcell, Oklahoma. And yes, my log in is my call sign with my real badge #.

-Joe