XR invisible to radar?

I was talking to a friend who insists bikes like the XR don't have enough metal to be accurately tracked by radar. Anyone get caught on their XR in this way?

I was talking to a friend who insists bikes like the XR don't have enough metal to be accurately tracked by radar. Anyone get caught on their XR in this way?

no, but ive should have been!!

I know my XR doesnt work at stoplights, if im the only guy there i will have to go on red, because it will never change.

They use radar for baseballs. Your friend is dreaming.

Radar will pick up the largest object in it's path. If you are near a car it will clock the car and not the bike. If you are alone on the road yes it will clock you.

RH

i will use this trick on the hiway. if i know im going fast i will hide in the blind spot created by the vehicle near me to hide from radar or laser whatever they use.

They use radar for baseballs. Your friend is dreaming.

+1

That friend is talking BS!

You can be booked on an XR600 i know that much.

OK, well what started this is that I got pulled over for doing 70 when I know I was doing an indicated 65 which is probably more like 62. My friend said he probably guessed by doing a visual because the bike couldn't be picked up. Made sense to me because I know I wasn't doing 70.:thumbsup:

I know my XR doesnt work at stoplights, if im the only guy there i will have to go on red, because it will never change.

Me too!

Hmmmmmmm stealth technology in an XR650L? I don't think so...

Bibleman,

What did you use to guarantee that you doing 62. If you have not calibrated your speedo with something else like a gps you might have been doing 70. I hope you come out of this fine. Tony

I get clocked ny those "watch your speed" signs that post your speed all the time

ya those pick up your speed. no other cars in sight and it will show your speed on the pig.

Me too!

Ditto that:ride:

An all metal frame isn't enough metal....ha ha ha ha ...Thats a good one.. Some peaple will believe anything....without even thinking about it.....What a wolrd we live in. scary actually.

An all metal frame isn't enough metal....ha ha ha ha ...Thats a good one.. Some peaple will believe anything....without even thinking about it.....What a wolrd we live in. scary actually.

that frame has enough metal to build another titanic!LOL!

Same here...

Just curious....if you get caught doing this, think you could get outta the ticket?

What else you gunna do?

In order to scatter (reflect) radio waves an oblect needs to be at least 1/2 of a wavelength. Most police radar are pretty short wavelength. The older X band units wavelength is about 1.5 inches. The newer Ku, K, and Ka bands are all under an inch. Since your bike is a lot larger than an inch, yes it does reflect radar very well. In fact all the angles make it a pretty darn good reflector.

What can make you invisible is that you are still small compared to other vehicles. If you are all alone on the road then they can get you for sure. Normally there is a lot of other traffic. A semi might have 50x the reflection of a bike so in that sense you can be invisible.

squatpuke, i would say its pretty easy to argue your case that you cant set off the light.

cl, just like you said , hide in the shadow of a big truck!