HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
glabudde

Pro Circuit T-4 or FMF Q2?

12 posts in this topic

Any thoughts, comments or alternatives regarding these manufacturers? How much of an improvement does an after market exhaust make, and is it necessary to replact the entire pipe to have the most effect?

Current bike is in uncorked with a drilled out stock exhause tip.

I only know about the Q2 because that's what I have and I think it sounds awesome and still plenty loud. I don't know about performance gains because I did a bunch of upgrades at once. All together it was a big difference but how much was the pipe I don't know.

I have the T4 on my XRR. I doubt if it's sound legal. The good news it that the quiet core insert from a 250x bolts right up if you have to be more stealthy. I imaging some other inserts will fit to. Mine is an older model so I can't speak for the new ones.

I can only speak for the T-4. I was running the DynoJet kit, smog removed, airbox mods, K&N, with the stock muffler. I added the T-4 and the response and power gains were much more than I expected.:thumbsup:

I rode a xrr with a modified stock and mine, (same bike xrr)has a w\bros. full system. Mine was A LOT faster on top.!!! Even with the quit insert.

I have run both the white brothers E-2 AND the FMF Q2 (just installed last night) and the FMF is by far (IMHO) the better of the two, installs easier and also is quieter than the E-2, performance is about the same I guess, but I am running it with a DJ 160 main and it seemed ok, I had the DJ 165 main in with the E-2. I think the FMF looks better than the White Brothers E-2 also. There is no startling "woo-hoo" with an aftermarket pipe and uncorked system, it makes simply for better ride-ability or "feel" over all, no longer is the motor "canned" and stuffed up , it starts easier and pulls stronger and with less effort than stock, runs like it should.

Pro Circuit T-4 is not quiet. I have the Pro Circuit 496 which I've read is the same pipe as the T-4 with a quiet insert.

Do search regarding leaving the stock header.

Any thoughts, comments or alternatives regarding these manufacturers? How much of an improvement does an after market exhaust make, and is it necessary to replact the entire pipe to have the most effect?

Current bike is in uncorked with a drilled out stock exhause tip.

you will see a gain IF you rejet at the same time. if not it will run like S***! at least this is how my L reacted.

you will see a gain IF you rejet at the same time. if not it will run like S***! at least this is how my L reacted.

different air-flow needs rejetting, goes with any new pipe / muffler.

About replacing muffler only... I replaced the muffler only on my 650R (with Ataintune) and there was a power gain in the midrange, engine revved more freely. But manufacturers obviously say you get the best effect if you replace the whole system.