HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
heineken4menotu

98' Yzf 400 Backfiring

7 posts in this topic

WHEN EVER I HIT THE GAS THEN LET OFF AND IT BACKFIRES EVERYTIME. I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT IT IS. YOU GUY GOT ANY IDEA? I WAS THINKING THAT THE PIPE NEEDS TO BE REPACKED. I'M STILL PRETTY NEW :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WHEN EVER I HIT THE GAS THEN LET OFF AND IT BACKFIRES EVERYTIME. I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT IT IS. YOU GUY GOT ANY IDEA? I WAS THINKING THAT THE PIPE NEEDS TO BE REPACKED. I'M STILL PRETTY NEW :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Welcome to TT. 2 common things cause backfiring. 1) An exhaust leak. 2) its too lean, try turning the fuel screw out about a 1/2 turn.

Welcome to TT. 2) its too lean, try turning the fuel screw out about a 1/2 turn.

I TRIED TO DO THAT BUT THE SCREW WON'T MOVE ITS LIKE IT STUCK IN ONE SPOT OR OR SOMETHING. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Take the carb off and flip it up side down. Spray a penetrating oil on the screw and let it soak for awhile.

Typing in all caps in written communications is a basic breach of etiquette, as it gives the reader the impression he is being yelled at. When people are approached in a discourteous manner, they often find themselves less inclined to be helpful than they normally are. In any case, 642 provided you with the answers you need.

maybe you should be a preschool teacher
There are certainly times when I feel like one. :thumbsup: