98' Yzf 400 Backfiring

WHEN EVER I HIT THE GAS THEN LET OFF AND IT BACKFIRES EVERYTIME. I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT IT IS. YOU GUY GOT ANY IDEA? I WAS THINKING THAT THE PIPE NEEDS TO BE REPACKED. I'M STILL PRETTY NEW :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WHEN EVER I HIT THE GAS THEN LET OFF AND IT BACKFIRES EVERYTIME. I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT IT IS. YOU GUY GOT ANY IDEA? I WAS THINKING THAT THE PIPE NEEDS TO BE REPACKED. I'M STILL PRETTY NEW :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Welcome to TT. 2 common things cause backfiring. 1) An exhaust leak. 2) its too lean, try turning the fuel screw out about a 1/2 turn.

Welcome to TT. 2) its too lean, try turning the fuel screw out about a 1/2 turn.

I TRIED TO DO THAT BUT THE SCREW WON'T MOVE ITS LIKE IT STUCK IN ONE SPOT OR OR SOMETHING. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Take the carb off and flip it up side down. Spray a penetrating oil on the screw and let it soak for awhile.

...And turn your caps lock off. :thumbsup:

...And turn your caps lock off. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: I'm glad you remebered to tell me that. you are so helpful,maybe you should be a preschool teacher

Typing in all caps in written communications is a basic breach of etiquette, as it gives the reader the impression he is being yelled at. When people are approached in a discourteous manner, they often find themselves less inclined to be helpful than they normally are. In any case, 642 provided you with the answers you need.

maybe you should be a preschool teacher
There are certainly times when I feel like one. :thumbsup: