HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gbalias

emergency cooling question...1998 400

8 posts in this topic

why would there be coolant coming out of the small hole under the w/pump housing?

w/p seals bad???

ive got a track day tomorrow and no time to work on it. :thumbsup:

why would there be coolant coming out of the small hole under the w/pump housing?

w/p seals bad???

ive got a track day tomorrow and no time to work on it. :thumbsup:

Yep. The seals are bad. The shaft may have grooves cut on it from the seals aswell. If its not leaking real bad its okay to ride. Just check your coolant level during the day.

damn. well, ive got my GF on a wild goose chase for the seals. i think 1 dealer has em. bad thing though, i get outta work at midnight, gotta be at the track 1.5hours away at 730am. gonna be a loooong night.

wasnt leaking 2 days ago when i test rode it. and it just drips constantly.....ill play it safe and get her all new seals.

thanx a million 642.

the ol clunker:

198191470-S.jpg

Your welcome. I didn't know it was a super moto bike. Pretty cool. I definitely wouldn't recommend dripping coolant on asphalt. Thats how Henry got hurt.

I just had the same thing happen on my 400 supermoto as well. Changing the seals isn't too bad a job, but a bit time consuming and a little bit of a PITA. just make sure you get the case seal as well as the oil/water seals so that you dont end up trading one leak for another.

Dallas

well...2am and i just finished. time to get 3 hours of sleep and hit the stateline sm event.

thanks for your help guys!