HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Solo

Header question

9 posts in this topic

What year did Yamaha fix the issue with the header pipe & the oil filter? Will that years head pipe fit on my 2000 WR 400?

Those of you who've not owned older WRs may not be aware but the head pipe is in the way of the oil filter. You have to loosen up the exhaust every time you do an oil filter change.

The only time I've heard of a problem with clearance is when using the Dr. D. header. The only generation of WR I've not worked on is a 426, and I've never had an issue with the others. Interesting dilemma, hmmmm :thumbsup:...SC

No issue with my '01 with a stock header. There's no reason it shouldn't fit on a 400...

1 person likes this

i havn't had a problem with the one on my 99

Your sig states you have an aftermarket header. Doesn't apply to my question but thanks.

The only time I've heard of a problem with clearance is when using the Dr. D. header. The only generation of WR I've not worked on is a 426, and I've never had an issue with the others. Interesting dilemma, hmmmm :thumbsup:...SC

If you do a quick Google search you can see it was clearly an issue on at least the 2000 WR400.

No issue with my 02 426 with FMF Powerbomb SX header.

Again an aftermarket header so it doesn't apply. And again, thanks for the input.

No issue with my '01 with a stock header. There's no reason it shouldn't fit on a 400...

And that would be the answer I'm looking for. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I have a 99 WR400 with the stock header, and I have the same problem with the header/oil filter interference. I think it affects 98-2000 or so.

I'm going to look into an aftermarket header, as the stock one is such a pain in the ass.

Yeah, they fixed it on the 426, 400s are the ones with the problem. An 01-02 426 header will directly fit the older 400s. A lot of people did this to solve the problem.