Fork Tools For An 07

I want to order up some tools to make my fork rebuilding go easier in the future. What size cap wrench and seal driver do I need? Also, what do you call that tool that you use to hold the fork down so you can get the rebound clicker off? Thanks

its in the manual, if you dont have one, just ask the parts guys when you go to buy the part. The tool that you are talking about to hold the spring down when you take the rebound adjuster off is a waste of money. just get your buddy to stick a crescent wrench underneath it while you compress the spring. And I think most fork cap wrenches are just a standard size, I think its like 48mm on one side and 50 one the other. I dunno I'd have to look at mine.

50mm cap wrenches will work. I use one. The real size is 49mm, however, and that would be preferable.

You will also need the compression valve removal wrench, which is a 36mm octagon:

http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/tools/fork_compression_valve_removal_tool/

Any 48mm seal driver will work. To hold the fork lug down for the rebound adjuster removal/installation, you can make a simple piece of slotted steel or aluminum, or as I do, slip a pair of needle nose or duckbill pliers under the nut. They will stay in place by themselves if you're reasonably careful.

go to http://www.rockymountainatv.com and look up

Tusk KYB Dual Chamber Fork Cap Wrench

Fits: 2007, YAMAHA, YZ450F

Part# 1182650001

I bought this one also. The nice thing about it is that it also includes the compression valve removal tool. The wrench fits perfectly and it also has the slot in the other end to hold the fork lug down. For $19.99 you can't beat it.

I bought this one also. The nice thing about it is that it also includes the compression valve removal tool. The wrench fits perfectly and it also has the slot in the other end to hold the fork lug down. For $19.99 you can't beat it.
Of the two, the Tusk looks like the one I would have preferred to have.