the L's litttle brother

"Little" is what ruins it for me:ride:

I got a 2005 CRF230-F last year and put a BD kit on it and got it plated.

Then I added a White Bros R4, PowerFilter, re-jetted it and installed a Kouba-Link and 19" front wheel, to lower it a bit. The wife loves it bigtime. Light, decent power (with her weight), stable handling.

All in all a pretty nice bike. Good for about 70-72 mph on the rev limiter (and no wind).

MMI uses them for their service-tech basic engine repair course. My son just graduated from MMI-Phoenix and has told me stories about the abuse those CRF230 engines would take and still run. You wouldn't believe me if I told you.

So, is it cool, like a BRP? Nope. But its cool, like a LRP.

Wife's need bikes, too, ya know. .

It still comes with a full size price at right about $4500. Makes those china bikes with essentially the same engine for $1k seem not so bad. Ya, I know that they are no Honda in the quality department.

those red bikes are growing quite the following though. i'd like to see one run personally.

It still comes with a full size price at right about $4500. Makes those china bikes with essentially the same engine for $1k seem not so bad. Ya, I know that they are no Honda in the quality department.

Are you saying those Lifan engines are bulletproof like a Honda??

Geo

i would think no. biggest reason is the inferior metals.

I gotta get one of those for the Wife. I can't even get her to sit on the L.

ya mine too. she scared.

Are you saying those Lifan engines are bulletproof like a Honda??

Geo

I have no first hand experience with them. However, looking at the posts on Thumpertalk about the Lifan engined bikes, the problems seem not to be with the engine. The problems are with the rest of the bike.

I have no first hand experience with them. However, looking at the posts on Thumpertalk about the Lifan engined bikes, the problems seem not to be with the engine. The problems are with the rest of the bike.

When you refer to the "rest of the bike", I hope you mean the rest of the Lifan bike. We had been talking about putting Lifan engines in Honda frames...I suppose Honda frames (especially the L has it's own set of issues). It also wouldn't surprise me that the Lifans are also laced with lead! :thumbsup: