Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
boogman26

02 xr650r sm suspension for 6"3" 200 pounder

8 posts in this topic

i know this is asked alot, and i've been to the sites, i would love a more concrete answers for a sm rider...

i bought thr bike from a really small guy about 5'6" 130, i ride pretty aggressively, but i am new to sm riding. also i live in san francisco, and the streets are beat up...

also where in s.f. (s.f. sm riders), is a good place to have this done, I'm new to the city.

thanks in advance

r

i know this is asked alot, and i've been to the sites, i would love a more concrete answers for a sm rider...

i bought thr bike from a really small guy about 5'6" 130, i ride pretty aggressively, but i am new to sm riding. also i live in san francisco, and the streets are beat up...

also where in s.f. (s.f. sm riders), is a good place to have this done, I'm new to the city.

thanks in advance

r

so your ? is where to have suspension work done? you will need stiffer springs, is the bike setup with SM wheels /tires? how about big brakes? you also may want to consider a USD conversion to cr or crf forks.

16" wheels oversized brake, stock forks and springs, stock rear suspension. the bike is set up supermoto now, i want stiffer less spungy ride. i was thinking about buying the parts off the web but most of the sites list mx springs or dual sport springs, not supermoto, which is a little confusing figuring out the best and affordable choice. and also where in the city, i dont have the space or tools or time right now, to have the parts put on.

thanks again

16" wheels oversized brake, stock forks and springs, stock rear suspension. the bike is set up supermoto now, i want stiffer less spungy ride. i was thinking about buying the parts off the web but most of the sites list mx springs or dual sport springs, not supermoto, which is a little confusing figuring out the best and affordable choice. and also where in the city, i dont have the space or tools or time right now, to have the parts put on.

thanks again

thanks for the link

very interesting

r

16" or 17" wheels? 17" is the norm for SM since you get the biggest variety of tires. You need to first get the springs for your weight and then if you want to spend the $$$$ get the suspension revalved for ya.

16" or 17" wheels? 17" is the norm for SM since you get the biggest variety of tires. You need to first get the springs for your weight and then if you want to spend the $$$$ get the suspension revalved for ya.

17" sorry' like i said i'm new to sm, how much to get the suspension redone? front and rear?

word up

r