2003 Yz450f

I just picked this bike up cheap - any known issues or problems.

Thanks

The bike was delivered with a grabby clutch, but most should have been fixed by now. The engine is snappy to a fault, and difficult to manage because of it. I put an 8oz Dr.D flywheel on mine to help this, and IMO, it should have been built with one.

Very occasionally, an '03 will break the cage in the rod bearing and seize the crank, but overall, it's an exceptionally reliable bike.

The bike was delivered with a grabby clutch, but most should have been fixed by now. The engine is snappy to a fault, and difficult to manage because of it. I put an 8oz Dr.D flywheel on mine to help this, and IMO, it should have been built with one.

Very occasionally, an '03 will break the cage in the rod bearing and seize the crank, but overall, it's an exceptionally reliable bike.

Thank you very much. It seems to run well, the carb, like on my CRF, needs a bit of work. I sure like how it sits closer to the ground. I was expecting more problems, I think I may have to keep this one around for awhile:thumbsup:

The little plastic decomp plugs can rocket out of there and end a day of riding too. TT sells an aluminum replacement though.

The little plastic decomp plugs can rocket out of there and end a day of riding too. TT sells an aluminum replacement though.

Thanks - I'll pick one up