best exhaust for 08 yz 450

I love my MRD on my 06, but seriously dude, you are not going to get an answer here. Every time somebody asks this question everybody just says that their exhaust is the best, and you will get 20 different answers, leaving you more confused than when you started. What you need to do is figure out what you want out of an exhaust then re-ask your question based on that. Example: do you want something quite or loud... low end or top end...inexpensive or money is no issue... super strong or super light.... full warranty or non at all... short and clean or long and carbon.

I don't mean to sound like a prick, and thats not what I'm trying to be, but simply every exaust does something a little different so you really do have to be very specific.

This might seem like a stupid question, but will all the aftermarket pipes for the 2008, be the same length (shortness) as the stock one?

I doubt it...I'm guessing most pipes will cover 06-08 and be whatever length the pipe currently is or the manufacturer decides on.

I doubt it...I'm guessing most pipes will cover 06-08 and be whatever length the pipe currently is or the manufacturer decides on.
That wouldn't be the right approach to take, either, since the cam timing is distinctly different in all three engines.

But even if a pipe builder had a different system for each one, they'd almost certainly be glasspacks, and so the cans and overall length would be very similar.

This might seem like a stupid question, but will all the aftermarket pipes for the 2008, be the same length (shortness) as the stock one?

Nope, every pipe I've seen on an 08 has been normal lenght. Maybe one day the after market pipes will be alot shorter, but it won't be this year. Alot of the after market systems are a little shorter than the stock 06-07 pipes.