HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smokeing77

rebuild on dr 250 how do you set the timing?

4 posts in this topic

I bought a 1990 dr 250 and the top end went out of it and Im tring to rebuild it myself, but I m not sure how to time everything so it will work can any one help me.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

you need to consult the manual for that. In general, you need to put the piston at TDC and the cam lobes need to face a certain way (this is where you need a manual) usually down so they won't place any pressure on the rocker arms, opening the valves...valves need to be closed. Cam chain and gear can then be fitted.

you'll probably need to visit g-man's site www dot suzukidr350 dot com

you need to consult the manual for that. In general, you need to put the piston at TDC and the cam lobes need to face a certain way (this is where you need a manual) usually down so they won't place any pressure on the rocker arms, opening the valves...valves need to be closed. Cam chain and gear can then be fitted.

you'll probably need to visit g-man's site www dot suzukidr350 dot com

Yep, TDC "T" mark on flywheel lined up with left half center case pointer (it's at about the 10 o'clock position on the case near the flywheel. Cam lobes down and the two marks at the end of the cam on level with the cam bearing surface of the head. Cam w/cam sprocket pin at two o'clock. :thumbsup: