HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
matts06yzf

Anyone ever ran cam 2 for fuel?

4 posts in this topic

I have in street bikes but is it any good for mx? I used to mix it 50-50 with prem. for my street bikes any input would be great. Vp fuel is expensive and 100 miles away from me to get any

Cam 2 is a great product. A local gas station used to carry it and I always used it in my KTM 2 strokes.

I have in street bikes but is it any good for mx? I used to mix it 50-50 with prem. for my street bikes any input would be great. Vp fuel is expensive and 100 miles away from me to get any

I run CAM II in my KX500 because I have the head shaved fir high compression. Jetting with race fuel is far easier also.

I never tried race fuel in my YZF, and I also asked here in the forum, and the generally feeling is there is no benifit to race fuel in a stock 4 stroke.

...generally feeling is there is no benifit to race fuel in a stock 4 stroke.
There is no need for additional octane beyond what pump premium can provide, but that doesn't mean race fuels won't add power to a stock engine. It's just a question of whether it's worth the continuing expense to get 2 hp you may only actually need 5% of the time.