Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sluggo lalanne

YZ450F Chain and Sprocket set

7 posts in this topic

Ready to replace the front and rear sprocket and chain on my 04 YZ450F. Been surfing the net but was amazed at how many different combos there are.:thumbsup: Looking for a gold chain and sprockets if they exist for a little bling bling. Any recommendatons for a quality product would be appreciated. Thanks.:thumbsup:

Regina ORN6 chain

Tag or AFAM rear sprockets (aluminum) OR

Ironman (stainless)

Any good front sprocket.

i just ordered a complete renthal set for a friend of mine for 140$ i think for both sprockets and an O ring chain

but the sprockets are wearing pretty quick... glad they werent for me

Ready to replace the front and rear sprocket and chain on my 04 YZ450F. Been surfing the net but was amazed at how many different combos there are.:thumbsup: Looking for a gold chain and sprockets if they exist for a little bling bling. Any recommendatons for a quality product would be appreciated. Thanks.:thumbsup:

I use gold DID ERT2 non oring chains and Ironman SS sprockets(these are not gold but last the longest)

I would avoid anything aluminum for a rear sprocket. They wear way to quick. I like the DID erv gold o-ring chains. A little pricey but its probably the only chain you'll ever need. I have over 140 hours on one and its still brand new. Thats with using steel sprockets.

Not all aluminum sprockets are created equal. The reason I recommend Tag or AFAM (same thing, different label) is because they are hard anodized, and will out last a Renthal 3 or 4 to 1. The one on my '03 was put on in early '05. Likewise, the rear chain, a Regina ORN6, was installed at the same time. Both are still quite serviceable, although the sprocket will need replacement soon.

There is also the fact that the chain is one of the most free running sealed chains you can use, the Tag rear sprocket is very light, and each of these is about $60-70 apiece.