HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DPW

'06 Triple Clamp on an '08

10 posts in this topic

Not sure about the clamps. The '08 has a trail increase that equates to the use of a 24mm clamp set on an '06. However, the lower fork leg axle lug was redesigned to accommodate the new caliper anyway, and the trail can be altered there as easily as at the clamp. It would make sense for them to have done it like that, since they would then only have to retool one part. If RG3 in fact says the clamps are interchangeable, they most likely are.

Per RG3 the top and bottom clamp are the same, but the stem on the 08 is 5mm shorter.

Where did you get that info at? I looked on the RG3 web site and couldn't find anything on the '08s. I hope you're right, it will save me some $$$..:thumbsup:

Thanks for the info guys..

Where did you get that info at? I looked on the RG3 web site and couldn't find anything on the '08s. I hope you're right, it will save me some $$$..:thumbsup:

Thanks for the info guys..

DPW...I see you may have made your 08 decision....congrats:thumbsup:

DPW...I see you may have made your 08 decision....congrats:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: ....thanks,I picked it up last night.

Did Bubba take care of you?

No...I just used a local dealer, got tired of trying to find an excellent deal and just went with a deal that was fair/good.

Per RG3 the top and bottom clamp are the same, but the stem on the 08 is 5mm shorter.

I just got off the phone with RG3 and they confirmed it will fit..like you said..:thumbsup:

Thanks

That's good news for me as well. I have an RG3 top clamp coming off of my 07 250F that I want to use on my new 450, so thanks for looking into it...