HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
motomonte

low voltage output 650l

6 posts in this topic

After replacing the battery with a new one(the old battery was definitley shot)I'm still having problems starting the engine.It'll start fine but after riding it for a few minutes it just won't start i.e.barely turn the engine.I retested the battery with the engine running and it reads 11.5volts at iddle and just 12.5v at high rpms.So it seems that the system is not charging properly and my manual is nowhere to be found (most surely it'll appear as soon as I find the problem:foul: ) Where should I start testing?

After replacing the battery with a new one(the old battery was definitley shot)I'm still having problems starting the engine.It'll start fine but after riding it for a few minutes it just won't start i.e.barely turn the engine.I retested the battery with the engine running and it reads 11.5volts at iddle and just 12.5v at high rpms.So it seems that the system is not charging properly and my manual is nowhere to be found (most surely it'll appear as soon as I find the problem:foul: ) Where should I start testing?

should be over 12.5 volts idling. find a manual and start testing your coils. just remember, a coil can have good resistance, doesnt mean that coil is good under working conditions.

When you got this new battery did you just pull it out of the box and fill with electrolite and plug and go? Or did you put it on a charger and get it fully charged before you even mounted it in the bike? If this is trully a brand new out of the box battery it definitely needs a good charging or it could be draining your motorcycles charging system trying to get the battery fully charged. Lemme know what you did.

The battery is new from the box.I did as told by the vendor,just filled it and waited 1/2hr. then installed it.The bike started fine after this so i didn't mind it much.Will give it a full slow charge and check again.Will start testing electrical system as soon as I find the manual:banghead: Thanks a lot.

i would definitely charge it up and make sure its not just draining your charging system. I cant quote how many amps the system puts out but with it trying to charge up a new batt and lights im sure thats why your seeing a low voltage while running. GL youll prolly be fine