HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
squatpuke

Greasing my UNI

16 posts in this topic

For those that have a UNI Filter on their XRL...do you just fill that grove that goes around the back of the filter with grease? Or do you totally smear it all over the back.

Can you "overgrease" the air filter?

TYIA

damn DOOKEY head is fast today with the replies, Dont be afraid to grease it its there to help ensure a positive seal so NO dirt can get by it.

damn DOOKEY head is fast today with the replies, Dont be afraid to grease it its there to help ensure a positive seal so NO dirt can get by it.

thats right dummy! we are slow as hell at work! i just keep logged on all day and wait to reply to something! maybe your age is starting to show denn!!!

I dont grease, the filter filter has a good design. Dirt /air takes the path of least resistance. So keep it clean, or else it will try to seep around edges. A guy from Notoil said the same, even though they sell special grease.

your gonna be that 5% of the motorcycle world that DOESNT grease their filters then GL if you dont, i have greased my filters for 20 years and i will for another 100 if they recommend it or not. It doesnt hurt anything so why not???

True, good point. BTW I get a kick outta yours & squatpuke avatar. LOL! Maybe I'm the missing quadruplet?

There was a guy at the beach the other day ( looked liked FB, beard & all) & he was heading down to the water, (after de-robing) rubbing his mucho grande belly. I told my little girls that he must have that little guy in there already. But told them, "stay clear, just in case."